Minecraft NT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Minecraft NT: The Server

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Serak
Admin

Minecraft NT: The Server Empty
PostSubject: Minecraft NT: The Server   Minecraft NT: The Server Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Hear, hear!

I open this given the surprising amount of interest generated in this idea already. What we'd like to have are your insights and thoughts about the Server, where to host it, and anything else your brilliant NT minds can toss out for us to chew on! So please don't be shy-- go against your nature, it's exciting!
Back to top Go down
AkaruiRain
Admin
AkaruiRain

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft NT: The Server   Minecraft NT: The Server Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:13 pm

If I knew anything about servers I'd be making suggestions.

..But I can try and learn anyways!
-study study-
Back to top Go down
https://minecraftnt.forumotion.com
AkaruiRain
Admin
AkaruiRain

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft NT: The Server   Minecraft NT: The Server Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Talked to one of the admins from the old server I used to play on, and he gave me some info I thought I should share as an idea on what we could do:

Their plan:

• 2048MB, 40 player slots, $40.95/mo on Provisionhost
  • (http://provisionhost.com/minecraftservers.php --the 'Iron plan')
Their mods:

• DwarfForge
  • Skylands+
  • WorldBorder
  • Runecraft
  • OtherDrops
  • Falsebook
  • Essentials
Actual player slots:

• 10-15 players before lag, due to the amount of mods.

I'm not saying we should go with this just because it was from my old server, but it's something that I know works.

Though, if we're going to be running with Tekkit, they suggested that we nix Falsebook since they sort of overlap in use. OtherDrops is a nice spice to monster drops, though it isn't necessary. DwarfForge was a nice add too but I didn't use it much--it uses lava under a furnace to go forever without using fuel. The Skylands mod was to make the map floating bits over a void, which was an interesting change-up as well, though I prefer normal world myself. WorldBorder helped reduce the amount of memory they used by pre-loading the map. As for Runecraft, I personally enjoy it, but wouldn't be surprised if it overlaps Tekkit like Falsebook; we don't need runecraft though, and if it came down to that vs. Tekkit, then I'd definitely go with Tekkit.

Of course, this is all assuming we can even figure out how to get mods on the server. If we can't figure out most of this, we should just go with Essentials at the least, MAYBE WorldBorder as well.
Back to top Go down
Dangime

Dangime

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft NT: The Server   Minecraft NT: The Server Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:39 pm

What does Essentials have?

The things I liked the best about my old server were chest protection/registration (LWC), Chest Shops, although I don't know exactly what mod it was that gave those, and towny, which was an anti-griefing system to found towns....basically a person could "own" a plot and no one could grief if etc...plus it was non-pvp.
Back to top Go down
AkaruiRain
Admin
AkaruiRain

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft NT: The Server   Minecraft NT: The Server Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:53 pm

Dangime wrote:
What does Essentials have?

The things I liked the best about my old server were chest protection/registration (LWC), Chest Shops, although I don't know exactly what mod it was that gave those, and towny, which was an anti-griefing system to found towns....basically a person could "own" a plot and no one could grief if etc...plus it was non-pvp.

Essentials has commands like /sethome, /home, /back.. So let's say you're out in the wildy and make a house, well you'd type /sethome to "set your home." Then, if you're all the way across the map, and find you forgot something at your house, just type /home, and you're teleported to your sethome location. It doesn't necessarily have to be set "at your home," and can be used anywhere. But say you wanted to go right back to where you were before you teleported home? That's exactly what /back is for.

Erm, but other than that, I believe they have a currency set up, and you can also put that into signs much like your shop was doing.. I don't know details about that though. You can also make sign teleports with essentials. There's tons more, which I can probably find on google or something, but not much that I know off the top of my head.

Yeah, this other server (Wolfcraft?) I played on had that as well. Not sure what mod that's in.. They also had something like factions to where you could claim land.. People really trusted each other on the old Skylands server (the one I described in the previous post), so we didn't need to worry about hacks and griefing. Plus, the whole gig was being run by two INTJs, so the whole thing was very well-maintained and orderly (but not to the point of INTJf ;D).

So the mod's called towny..? I'll look for the names and effects of the mods for your safe chests and maybe some land claiming thing, unless we can all trust each other not to grief and stuff. Banning people/replacing items really isn't a hard thing to do imo, but whatever makes people feel comfortable. I'll also get more familiar with what all Essentials does and stuff.
Back to top Go down
AkaruiRain
Admin
AkaruiRain

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft NT: The Server   Minecraft NT: The Server Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 8:04 pm

ESSENTIALS:

This list seems accurate:
http://ess.khhq.net/wiki/Command_Reference

What players can normally use is anything labeled General I believe. Though some servers allow players access to the teleport commands where they can request to tp to people and such.

And I see the chest mod you were talking about.
LWC-- Lightweight Chest Protection, right?

Didn't see you said it already. And it looks like your "chest shop" mod wondering was just Essentials.. In the link I believe there are some labeled Economy. Did it work like that?
Back to top Go down
Dangime

Dangime

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft NT: The Server   Minecraft NT: The Server Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 8:50 pm

The currency seems to be there. I'm also familar with the warps.

It looks like chest shops are seperate plugins but work with essentials.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/econ-rpg-sign-chest-shop-0-4-5-ktshop-1185.30118/

Also apparently has lock protection, but I'm used to LWC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft NT: The Server   Minecraft NT: The Server Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minecraft NT: The Server
Page 1 of 1