Minecraft NT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Donation Reward Ideas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dangime

Dangime

Donation Reward Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Donation Reward Ideas   Donation Reward Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:32 pm

Getting support and donations for the server is a good idea. I'd like to suggest a few ideas though as to how to incentivize donations, if it's decided to do that.

Basically, survival servers are also basically economy servers. You need "stuff" to survive, you work to get "stuff", and since the "stuff" is useful for surviving it has value. Directly offering too much "stuff" in exchange for donations can break this system and you're not really a survival server anymore.

I'd suggest other rewards for donating other than money or in game items.

Honorary Titles

Access to create private warps and use warp commands. Or a portal linking a location of your choice to a more central location like the starting area.

Protection of areas for private/town use (world guard, towny, something like that)

Land/plots in exclusive areas like a supporters "town".

Other advantages that increase your productivity, like /jumpto commands to travel faster.
Back to top Go down
Serak
Admin

Donation Reward Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donation Reward Ideas   Donation Reward Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:36 pm

I like this a lot. The only trick is figuring out how to do it all. Granted I'm sure it isn't difficult due to the widespread use of such incentives.
I really appreciate this! Keep the ideas coming.
Back to top Go down

Donation Reward Ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minecraft NT :: Support :: Donations-
Jump to: